Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend of Firsts

This weekend was a crazy one.  I had a knitting retreat on Friday and Saturday and Will had his first ever soccer game as well.  Knitting was great.  Friday was a finishing class which was five hours (yes, 5) of intense knitting.  I learned a lot and hope to be able to remember half!  Saturday was fair isle and I was so nervous I would be crap and ended up loving it.  I had to leave the class an hour early to go to Will's game but I still learned quite a bit.  
Here is the hat that I started yesterday and finished today. Will says it "bugs" him-I think it's just itchy.  It's done in Mission Falls 1824 Wool and I think it feels great, but I'm not a little kid with super sensitive skin.   

Another shot...
This is Will in his "I won't move an inch" pose.  Apparently you must purse your lips and look melancholy in order to hold still.  Here's a pic of the top of the hat...
And here's a close up of my mad hot fair isle skills...
Can you tell I'm quite proud?  Here are the details... Pattern: Halton Crown Hat from "Kids 
Knitted Hats"
      Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool
      Date: 4/26/08-4/27/08
      Changes: Added green color to the crown
and shortened the rib from 2"
to about 1".
Okay, enough of the hat.  Now to soccer.  It was hilarious because all the kids on Will's team are 3.  They had NO idea what they were doing.  At the end of the game, Will had finally had enough and came crying off the field saying that the other team wouldn't share the ball with him.  Most of the time he just ran.  No direction, just ran.  Lizzy had a blast hanging out with my Dad, sister Brooke and niece Morgan.  In this first picture, Will his comparing his muscles with his buddy during a time out. 




In this one, Lizzy is attempting to walk (she actually took about 7 steps together tonight!)
All in all, a pretty great weekend.  I hope everyone else had a good one as well.  

9 comments:

Steve said...

Can I just say how impressed I am with your talent and ability to learn things so quickly? You are awesome Heidi. I really am amazed at how rapidly you are doing all of this stuff. Oh . . . and . . . I love you.

And those kids ain't bad either.

Steve

marit said...

Hi, the hat looks great!
Kids -little kids!-playing football/soccer, is so much fun to watch:-)

cindave said...

heidi, i am SOOOOOO impressed! that hat is incredible! why do you have to live so blasted far away?? i want you to teach me, but it's such a pain to get down there! anyway, will's soccer game looked like tons of fun. muscle comparing and all. 3 year olds and sports make for an entertaining combo. way to go lizzie on 7 steps! YAY!

Steve said...

Cinda - have you ever stopped to think that maybe it's YOU who lives so "blasted far away"??!!

HMMMM.

Erin said...

Um...are you kidding me? You made that hat in two days? Amazing! It is SO cute and you need to tell Will to suck it up and wear it regardless of the itching. hehe. Seriously Heidi, amazing job.

Cloudberry said...

The hat is great!
Before you know it, you'll be knitting what ever you want!! You are learing super fast ;)

JA said...

I love it all! What a darling blog! It makes me feel guilty that I don't have a blog or knit such wonderful items. Cute pics of you & Steve & of the kids. What about Boo and Shami? I love your cute idea for Steves bday. What a fun list.

JA said...

p.s. I love Will's hat! Your skills make you a Knitress Supreme:)

Kara said...

Hold up. Fair Isle?! You are a knitting prodigy. That hat is so cute and I think Will's expression is perfect!