Thursday, April 10, 2008

35 REASONS WE LOVE STEVE

Steve is 35 years old today.  Yes, he is an old, old man.  I am listing 35 things we love about Steve so he knows just HOW MUCH we love him...

1) He does "Magnum" really well.
2) He's smokin' hot.
3)  He's COMPLETELY dedicated to us.
4) He has more than 35 pairs of cargo pants/shorts.
5) He wears shorts and slippers in the winter.
6) He is an amazing cook and cooks most of the dinners around here!
7) He loves winter and snow with all his heart.  If I would do it, he would move to the North 
Pole.
8) He works hard.
9) He has great design style-I know, it's crazy.
10) He looks awesome in glasses and has 1.5 million pairs.
11) He has a serious watch addiction and has 1.6 million of those.
12) He puts others first.
13) He's trying really hard to eat right (a HUGE effort for someone who hates fruits and veg)
14) He's an enormous food snob!
15) If he only got cooking utensils as gifts for the rest of his life, he would be thrilled.
16) He's dedicated to the gospel.
17) He's got awesome hair.
18) He's extremely patient.
19) He LOVES to travel.
20) He would love to live in another country someday.
21) He speaks Spanish like a pro (Go, Chile!).
22) Will is going to be playing soccer soon and Steve is so excited he can hardly breathe!
23) He loves his stupid FJ Cruiser (even though I've crashed it twice because of the lack of 
visibility).
24) He loves Disney World/Land and is almost as excited as the kids when we go.
25) He's accepting of everyone.
26) He's taught me to be more kind.
27) He loves Boo and Shamus (our rotten dogs).
28) He's very intelligent (just ask him).
29) He loves meeting new people.
Now from the kids...
30) He works out (Will)
31) He plays with us (Will)
32) He's nice to me and works out (Will)
33) He puts movies on for me (Will)
34) He's a chef too (Will)
35) He's a rock star! (Lizzy)

We love you so much Steve (Daddy)!  Happy birthday!   

Oh my gosh, Kara is right...
36) He is an actual Scottish Laird!  (it's true, he owns one foot of land in Scotland and is thereby a legal Laird!) 

That one counts for next year, Steve.  We love you!

10 comments:

marit said...

Happy Birthday to Steve!What a great list:-)
(and the photo of the kids is just adorable!)

Steve said...

I love you too. I wish you were old enough for me to make a proper list of all the reasons I love you. Unfortunately, you would need to outlive Methusela.

I love you mucho.

Steve

cindave said...

happy birthday yesterday, steve!

Nicki said...

He's never been very accepting of us! We keep trying and he keeps rejecting us!

Happy Birthday Steve! Come to Disneyland to celebrate!

Travis and Marie said...

I love that he cooks dinner almost every night...Travis only does for me on the weekend - and I despise cooking. That's a cute list...I love the exaggerated numbers that only you could post seriously :).

Coulio said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE! I'm glad you married my friend, Heidi, and made an honest woman of her!

Big Jen

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Steve! That is quite the list, but you forgot one of the most important reasons to love him...he is a real life Laird!

Erin said...

Happy birthday Steve!!! I wish there were many more just like you but as you have told me, sadly, they just don't exist.

And Steve, that is a lot of cargo pants.

Cloudberry said...

Hope you had a great day Steve!!

Haley said...

Steve rocks!