Wednesday, July 2, 2008

California Dreamin' (Part III) Disneyland!

May Walt be praised for inventing Disneyland!  I love this place.  Steve loves this place.  Our kids, as a result of their parents' obsession, love this place.  I never get sick of Disney (Land or World or Cruise Line).  The kids are entertained and happy (for the most part.  There is a portion of every day at Disney where you will find the parks' entire population throwing a fit.  Kids screaming, parents yelling...), and the parents have it relatively easy as far as traveling with kids goes.  
This Disney trip was fantastic.  Our first day was especially wonderful because it was not crowded and we got on a lot of rides.  We were even able to ride many of the rides in "Fantasy Land" without waiting an hour for each one.  Wonderful. 
This photo was taken on our second day and it was a miracle that we got to see these guys.  They have "union" rules about how long the characters can stay out so they cut the line off JUST as we got in it.  Phew!


Will got to ride his favorites, Buzz Lightyear being on the tippy top of that list, and he and Lizzy convinced me to be a nice mom and go on the dreaded rockets with them.  May this ride burn down in a freak accident after hours...

It is the same concept as "Dumbo" etc. but the line seems to last even longer.  It took FOREVER to get on this thing.  Each time the line would move, Lizzy thought it was our turn and would say "wide, wide" (ride, ride) over and over and then we wouldn't get on.  I think we waited 5 or 6 times for the stinking thing to go around.  When we finally got on, I remembered just how uncomfortable the thing is.  I wrestled Lizzy the whole time because she thought it was grand to stand up and we all know the rule-"Please keep you arms and legs inside the ride at all times.  Thank you."  It looks like Will thinks this is a real rocket..."to infinity and beyond!"
Here we are on Dumbo just as we were about to leave the park.  The line was amazingly short and so on we got.  Lizzy was asleep so she didn't get to join us on our flying adventure. 

This trip, as I have said, was one of the best trips we've had to Southern California.  Everything we did was great (seriously, how often does that happen?).  The tour of the studio-great.  The Observatory and food of that evening-great.  Friends-great.  Disneyland-great.  I'm so glad we went.  I'm sure we'll be there again soon.  It's like an addiction.  Not a bad drug, yes? 

As for knitting.  No pictures right now but I did my first lace scarf.  Very cool.  I gave it to my Mother in Law and haven't taken a picture of it yet.  I also started a lace cap which I frogged because I got all messed up on the lace pattern and decided it was better to unravel than try to figure it out.  Also, I have started my first pair of socks.  I'm doing a beginner pattern with worsted weight yarn and I'm not going to finish the toe so they can be "pedicure socks".  I love them.  

ALSO, I've been tagged again!  Ha!  I got tagged by Nicki.  TEN THINGS I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF...

1) Will and Lizzy laughing
2) Lizzy's new words
3) Will telling me how his day at "Little Gym" went (tuesdays and thursdays are his favorite days.  He gets to spend 3 hours playing on gym equipment and doing crafts)
4) Steve's laugh
5) Knitting
6) Cookies (heaven help me!)
7) Gnocchi Pomodoro at Le Nonne (to which I have not been for 3 years!)
8) Travel
9) Will and Lizzy playing outside in the backyard in the evening (when it's actually tolerable to be outside.  98 degrees again today)
10) Did I mention Will, Lizzy and Steve?

I tag Marit and Hege.  Can't wait to see your lists!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Those kids of yours are so cute. I am glad you had such a great trip.

Nicki said...

Thanks for playing along, Heids. I've never tagged anyone before.

And I'm so glad that you're into this blogging thing, cause I love to read your posts, I can hear them with your voice in my head, you're hilarious!

Ditto on the Rocket ride!

cindave said...

SO FUN!!!

leandparkermakes3 said...

Praise Walt indeed! I love Disneyland! I want to go right now! It looks like you all had a great time!

Steve said...

Liz - if you want to go right now, invite us to go with you. :)

Travis and Marie said...

I think you are the cutest mom I've ever seen. I love the pictures of you with your kids on the rides...and your hair is as darling as ever. I want my kids to be old enough to go to disney - a few more years maybe.

Cloudberry said...

Oh, I dream of going to Disney land!
Endre loves Mickey. He has to Mickey dolls with him when he goes to sleep ;)

Adam and Bri said...

OK, Will's expression in the rocket is the Best. Ever.

It was great seeing you, btw!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!! :D I'd love to go on a rocket ride too *lol*

(and your kids are so cute. Can't say that enough!)