Tuesday, June 24, 2008

California Dreamin' (Part II(and a half)-Observing)

On the same day as wonderful Studio City, we visited the Griffith Observatory.  It looks a bit like this...

I'll bet you thought we went to Endor.  We didn't.  This is still in California.  The observatory was really cool with lots of displays and a massive telescope that we didn't have time (or patience) to look through.  Even if we'd had time and patience (which we did not) this is just a taste of the view we may have gotten.  The "Hollywood" sign is behind us somewhere.  Look really, really closely.  Find it?  Didn't think so.  I didn't even know it was there while the picture was being taken.  Stupid smog.  Will is chewing on part of a milk bottle lid.  Where, you ask, did he find it?  I don't know and here's the worst part, when I saw him chewing it, I just let him! (By the way, my hair is not styled like a chicken-it's the wind.  I swear.) 
Here's a picture of what Lizzy thought of the observatory.  Actually we were just asking her to tell us what a pig says and this is the face she makes when she does it.  I thought it was so funny that I had to put it on here.  She and Will actually had a lot of fun, especially since they were with their friends Maggie and Grant (Will is still talking about his friends).
Here's the lot of us having a lovely time.  This trip contained many things we had never done before and the Griffith Observatory was one of them.  We loved it despite the smog and children acting like pigs.
For dinner that night we went to Bob's Big Boy.  That's right.  It's a greasy spoon which is good because the kids were nuts.  This photo is of the mess the Lizzard made.  She is a complete animal!  Don't worry, I cleaned it up (I know it's someone's job, Nicki, but I could NOT leave this one!).  Look, she even speared a pancake with a straw and chucked it on the floor!
We ended the night with a trip to "Diddy Reese", this amazing ice cream place where you get tons of ice cream sandwiched betwixt two delightful cookies for $1.50.  What is that!?  I didn't know you could sell anything delicious for $1.50, especially in L.A..  We had an awesome day and completely wore the kids out.  Thanks again Cory and Nicki!

7 comments:

leandparkermakes3 said...

I am loving Lizzy's pig face. If only we could combine her face with Parker's pig sound that would be classic! I hope Maggie is not taking over Ellie's place in Will's heart. Hopefully he still loves her more.

Steve said...

Will did say that he loves Maggie while we were down there. Sorry. Who says he can't love both of them?

I am pretty sure that I also heard him say that after marrying Ellie and going camping he was going to take her and Maggie to Colorado City and have a good life.

marit said...

your kids both look and act pretty normal:-)

Nicki said...

I can see the Hollywood sign. Of course, I took the picture, so I know where to look for it!!

Nicki said...

Whatever, Heidi! Your hair was like that all day! ;)

Heidelweiss said...

SHHHH! My hair was NOT chickeny all day. A bit wonky, I confess, but not chickeny!

Cloudberry said...

Lizzy is adorable with that face!
I've tagged you with an abc game ;)