Sunday, May 25, 2008

How cute is this?!




This is a lovely wrist warmer I made today.  Isn't it cute?  I was on a trip to Spring City this weekend with all the girls on Steve's side of the family.  I let my niece decide which pattern I should knit out of my "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" book and then which yarn I should use.  She chose the wrist warmers and since I had already done the ladies, I decided to do a little combo pattern of a 1x1 rib, stockinette, and 1x1 rib again.  I think it turned out very nicely.  It fits like a...glove!  I haven't made the other one yet.  I have only so much time.  



This is a house is Spring City, a town in central Utah.  The city was settled by Scandinavian (that's me!) and English (that's me, too!) pioneers and they still have many original structures that you can tour once a year.  It was completely fascinating.  This house is owned by a couple from Dresden, Germany and is the cleanest thing I've ever seen (not to say the cutest!).  Whilst in central Utah we saw a lot of sheep, cows, turkeys and llamas.  I love farm animals, especially the kind you can knit from, and when we saw this guy herding his sheep in his Jeep I thought it was genuinely bizarre.  Is that okay?  Can you chase sheep in a Jeep?  Can you count them in your sleep? (couldn't resist a bit of Seuss).  



Here is the crazy shepherd in his Jeep.  I'm serious, is that okay?  I don't know.  The poor sheep were scampering about like crazy!  


Finally,(and then I swear I'll stop) before Spring City I took the kids to the Alpaca Fair at a nearby Expo Center.  It was so fun!  The kids loved it and I love alpacas even more than ever.  I love to knit with alpaca but now I'm the world's biggest alpaca fan.  Have you ever seen one up close?  They are so cute!  They have about 5 inches of fur on them and are so soft I couldn't believe it.  They would crane their necks over their pens to get a closer look at the kids.  These animals are soooo pricey, however.  The least expensive one I saw was $25,000.00.  That's right, the price of a nice car!  How do you justify that, I ask you?  You don't.

So, how cute are all these things?  The wrist warmer, the cute little Danish house, the crazy jeep driving shepherd (well, not that one) and the kids at the Alpaca Fair.  A weekend of cute!

7 comments:

Steve said...

you forgot to mention your cute self in your cute new red dress at church today.

but if you mentioned that you'd be more weird than cute. so i mentioned it.

love you toots.

steve

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful color on your mitt.
And I'd love to see an alpaca up close. I know there ia a farm in a city near by, so we might go there during summer ;)

marit said...

I knew you had to be Scandinavian with that name of yours!
And yes, chasing sheep with a jeep- that works- although riding a bike is more effective in my opinion:-)
Cute mitt, and lovely alpacas!

leandparkermakes3 said...

You and your Seuss! Herding sheep in a jeep, riding a train in the rain! I'm glad you were able to go to Spring City! Isn't it the cutest little town?

Adam and Bri said...

Heidi! I just found your blog, and I'm quite delighted about it. I can't wait to stay posted on the Lintons!

Oh, and Lizzy is just getting more and more gorgeous! Such a beauty.

Travis and Marie said...

I think your Dr. Suess made that post fantastic! I love it!

Travis and Marie said...

seriously....get a book on stages of development for boys...it eases your mind...I read it about every six months just to make sure I didn't ruin Hunter.....