Friday, May 9, 2008

Little Kid Things...

We've been doing some fun things with the kids recently.  I think it's because we all feel so happy to have Mr. Sun back!  He seems to bring with him a bit of extra energy.  There is a Dinosaur Museum close to our house which I had never been to until last week.  Also, there is a Children's Museum about 30 minutes away which I had never visited until this week (I've got to get out more!)  Plus, the weather has been so nice that we've been able to be outside for extended periods of time without worrying about our children's limbs falling off!

This first picture is of Will, his cousin Logan and Will's "fiance" Ellie and her twin brother Luke.  They are taking a ride on some kind of dinosaur whose name I can't pronounce.
This picture is one of my favorite.  There is this section in the museum where there is a giant dinosaur whose parts you can take on and off and thereby build different kinds of dinosaurs.  Will and his friend Dominic decided it would be fun to smack each other with these parts.  Cole, Dominic's younger brother, did not think this was a very fun game and so became a moving target.  Will and Dominic smacked him down with dino parts and instead of fighting back, he just laid there like a slug... it was his only defense. (Notice Will feeling guilty and pulling the parts off).

Here is a pic of the kids at a park.  They had a blast.  
And here's the Lizzard being a monster.  She had such a good time climbing in and out of my sister's double stroller and bossing the bigger kids around.
This last one is of Will "pumping gas" at the Children's museum.  I have no idea where he got the wellies or why he decided to wear them for pumping gas.  The kid loves dressing up.  Just after this picture we headed upstairs and just as we were getting in the elevator, my friend goes "where's Will?".  Well, he was nowhere to be seen even though he had been right behind me 5 seconds before.  My sister, Haley, and I went back to where we were and Haley found him in a "construction" section working a crane and already dressed up in a police hat (don't ask).  Seriously, this took him about 20 seconds to do.  He is one of the funniest kids on earth.

Well, there's a peak into my life as a mom.  It cracks me up sometimes that my entire life revolves around these two little people.  Even though they control nearly every aspect of my life, I love them so much.  Having friends and family in the same stage of life as us helps out a lot.  Things get pretty crazy sometimes but at least I know a bunch of other moms are dealing with the same stuff!  Yay kids!



5 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

I think your kids are darling! I love the pictures. And yes, it is very surreal to be a mom and have your life totally changed in one instant my something so small. Crazy how that happens...

Steve said...

Those are some cute kids!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I will add you to my bloglines :)

Cute kids! Will is five(?), and has a "fiance"? I'm nearly 30 and doesn't even have a boyfriend.. *hmpf* ;)

Anonymous said...

After some more reading: he's only 3? Wow..

cindave said...

totally unrelated to your blog, but i do apologize for snubbing you! you are SO invited to view our blog, and i appreciate your nice comments despite how much i hurt you. thanks for being such a great sister in law. "you're the beeest."