Saturday, May 17, 2008

I think I can, I think I can...


This pattern is driving me nuts.  It's by Blue Sky Alpacas and I think I must be mental since it's "beginner" and I'm having a really hard time with it.  The problem?  It assumes too much.  There are a lot of blanks where there should be instructions.  For instance, the next step is to "pick up stitches along the shoulder and neckline ending in an odd number.  What!?  Does this mean to pick up along the back and front of the neckline?  Anyway, I'm loving the way the Blue Sky cotton is knitting up and I love the color!  The pattern is quite frustrating, however.  I have taken a short break from this project and will return to it after some breathing exercises.  I should be able to finish it nicely after the lovely finishing class I took last month-I'm very excited to try.  

In other news...I have decided to knit some hats for Kristy who is leaving for Ukraine in the Fall.  She will be visiting an orphanage and needs 300 hats so I said "hey, I can do hats!".  I have two completed and have started a third and just bought some LOVELY Cascade 220 in the most amazing colors.  Just have a look...


I cannot believe the price of this yarn.  It's $6.75 for 220 yards of wool for crying out loud!  Love it!  Aren't those the most delightful colors you've ever seen?  They're so nice and summery-much like our 75 degree weather here!  Spring has finally come!  The End.

 

7 comments:

Steve said...

Nice colors - but the whole spring thing is going to come to an end when the Salt Lake valley is going to turn into a summery blast furnace.

Love ya toots.

Travis and Marie said...

i love the colors....very springy....

Suzi said...

Lovely! absolutely Lovely!

Nicki said...

You have such a good heart!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours! I've been making hats as well, mailed them today :)

Thank you for leaving a belated birthday comment on my blog! I had a great day. The cat is my stepmoms, and he is so adorable! I looked after him last week while she was in Spain(had the best time ever, and are thinking of becoming a professional cat sitter! *lol*)

cindave said...

that's a really cool cause you're using your talents for. way to go. i've got the heart, minus the talent, and therefore am useless to this cause. maybe i could get a beginners knitting lesson on our Spring City trip this weekend! what do you think? i'll call you.

Cloudberry said...

Beautiful colors on your new yarn!!

I have given you an award in my blog ;)