Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Really Big Boy

My Braun Wee Man


Will started preschool last week.  He is officially a big boy now.  I was actually very sad to have him start because it means that in just a few years he's going to start kindergarten.  Here is a picture of him on his first day...

He didn't have a great first day.  Apparently he's a bit too comfortable in his class because he is surrounded by his best buddies, Logan, Luke, Ellie, Cole and Ella.  I guess he thinks it's just a huge playgroup because he's had a problem "tackling"  people.  Oops.  We're going to have to work on that.  

Will wants to be bigger than everyone.  He is constantly asking me if he's "bigger than..." whoever comes to mind.  The other day he was watching the Little Einsteins in the car (once again, Mother of the Year) and he says to me "hey Mom, I'm bigger than the little Einsteins because I have a pinky!"  This cracked me up because, you see, those poor little Einsteins were created, like so many cartoon characters, with a thumb and three fingers.  He's been bothered by this until he realized that it was just because they weren't "big" enough to have acquired a pinky yet.


Poor kids!  

On the knitting front, I have been working on my Clapotis, which is boring, so I have completed a few pair of fingerless mitts (what else?) for gifts.  I made Will one yesterday and he loves it.  This first picture is of Asher, my nephew, wearing the mitt.  I had to put it on him because he is sooooo fat and his hand just looked so cute in it...


 This next picture is proof that Will has a pinky...

You see.  A very big boy.  Now to my tag (a month overdue!) 

The last 3 things I purchased A sachet for my car (which developed a hideous smell overnight), pajamas, spray deodorant for Lizzy's shoes (that girl has some stinky feet)

The last 3 songs I downloaded The "Annie" soundtrack, Michael Buble, 
the "Sense and Sensibility" soundtrack

Last 3 places I visited I guess this means something other than the grocery store.  
So, Florida, the Caribbean, California

3 Favorite Movies Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Notting Hill

3 Favorite Posessions Car, house, wedding ring

3 Things I can't live without Family, friends, knitting (heaven forbid I lose a hand!)

3 Wishes I'm just being selfish here, to live in London, to be in super
physical condition, to have endless money (then I could do all those non-selfish things ;)

3 Things I haven't done yet Visited Asia, done a triathlon, scuba dived in Mexico

3 Favorite dishes Gnocchi pomodoro at Le Nonne, risotto primavera at Cucina Toscana
Steve's chicken enchiladas (seriously)

3 Celebrities I'd like to hang out with Tom Hanks, Collin Firth, Jack Black

3 Things that freak me out Drowning, spiders, family getting hurt

Describe yourself in 3 words Crazy, fun, compassionate (I guess!)

3 Unusual things I'm good at Understanding foreign languages (when spoken), baking these
amazing peanut butter chocolate chip cookies from Bon Appetit magazine (this is truly amazing because
I don't cook), I can put one leg behind my head.

Okay, that took forever. If anyone wants to play along, please do, that was really fun! I will officially tag Nicki, and Hege.
So I'm noticing that my list looks crazy when I'm viewing it (words split up weird etc), I have no idea how to fix it. Sorry!






7 comments:

Steve said...

My that Will is big - with those pinkies and all.

tiennieknits said...

He is really cute! I'm at the opposite end - our last one is going to Kindergarten this year and my hubby and I are so excited to have all the kids at school all day. Yippee!!

Chris said...

I think will is "tackling" the preschool with his adorable looks. What a cutie. You made me smile with the answers above. If you live in London can I come and visit? And eat Steve's enchiladas and your PB cookies? If the answers are yes, I'm all for you getting endless money!

Chris said...

Oh sorry, I didn't get Will's name capitalized. Shows what kind of a teacher I am.

Nicki said...

Oh, that Will... what a smart kid!

I think Steve should post his chicken enchilada recipe!!

Steve said...

i don't have a recipe for the enchiladas. i make it up every time. next time i make them, i will try to write it down.

Steve

Travis and Marie said...

I love that you hate spiders....me too! And I never noticed that the little einsteins have only 3 fingers and a thumb...what does that say about me...maybe that I still have retarded brain since I just had a kid...and I agree with your comment on my blog...yes for at least a month I am a complete disaster!