Friday, March 21, 2008

Cruisin'

Sorry about the amount of time it's taken me to post.  We've been sick, on vacation and sick again.  STUPID winter.  I hate its stinkin' guts.  We recently got back from Disney World and a Disney Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.  It was fantastic and the kids (especially Will) had tons of fun.  The weather wasn't so great in Florida so we froze our buns off for the most part but the islands were wonderful (except Castaway Cay on whom we didn't land because of either dodgy boat driving or bad weather-Disney says weather).  I had this great idea to take pictures of my cute cotton baby hats I'm knitting right now on Castaway with the sand and water as a backdrop.  Truth be told, that was my main reason for wanting to go to Castaway (who said taking a 1 year old to the beach was fun?)  Kidding.  Here are some pictures of us on the cruise.  



This is the Lizzard modeling one of the knitted hats I'm whipping out.  Doesn't she look cute?!  The picture shows most of our state room.  It was a 1x1 cell with a TV.  Actually they're really nice but unbelievably small.  

Here's the four of us on the last day of the cruise, never a great day.  We can't wait for the 6 hour wait in the airport and the 5 hour flight home!!!

And here is Will singing (with his personal accompanist A.J.) singing Edelweiss for the Ship talent show.  This was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.  He wasn't scared at all and remembered every word.  And NO, we are not stage parents, he got crazy one night at karaoke begging to sing so we let him and the rest is history.  Also, the outfit of rash guard, swim trunks and broken orange crocs was Will's idea, I tried to dress him in a tux be he would have none of it.  
So, I took some pictures of some more of the knitted hats I've done but I will post them later so those of you berating me for being the worst blogger in the world will have something to look forward to.  Laters!

5 comments:

Heidelweiss said...

Wow Heidi, those are cute kids! What a knitter you are!

Steve said...

and that husband of yours is fine!!

Travis and Marie said...

Heidi! I love that you started a blog! It's so fun to keep tabs on friends this way. I am envious of the cruise! I don't know if I am as brave as you to take my kids and go...

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, I wish I was there to see Will sing his little heart out. He is the cutest kid. I can't wait to see more of those hats too...

Unknown said...

it's about time! after taunting us with the news of your blog. keep 'em coming. i can't believe how big that little lizzy is. and i'm digging your orange cruisewear!