Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Cutest Hat Ever Designed! Really.

Amelia Earhart Aviator/Catholic Bishop/Medieval Warrior/Gabled Hood


I have two other FO's that I finished before this one but I haven't taken proper pictures of them yet.  SO, I'll just post about this one quickly, shall I?  



Again, it's the Amelia Eahart Aviator Cap and it is my favorite hat ever.  This one is my third and I love it soooo much I can't stop looking at it.  It's a bit odd (the staring).  I'm actually gifting this to someone so I'll have to stop looking eventually but really folks, it IS the cutest thing (and just LOOK at that doodle bug modeling it!).  

And again with the buttons!  On my other two I so wanted to sew on buttons but didn't.  Since this one is going to a little girl I thought, why not?  And look how adorable it is!!!!  OH. MY. GOSH!  Can you stand it?  I can, but just barely.  



The great thing about this "kid" version is that I used just under 1 ball of Sublime extra fine merino dk which is only 127 yards.  Not too shabby.  

Pattern: Amelia Earhart Aviator (free on ravlery)
Yarn: Sublime extra fine merino dk
Needles: US #6
Made For: Ruby
Mods: Went down to a dk weight yarn instead of worsted and used size 6 rather than size 8 needles.  It is a bit small so I might try again with the dk and size 7 needles.  We'll see.  Kara, hush your mouth ;).  I know Tiennie's got my back on this multiple knitting problem.  

Anyway, I finally finished my cardi so as soon as I can get some pics of it, I'll post.  I'm very proud of it, thereby committing a deadly sin.  Ah well, you can't win 'em all.  

Peace out,

Heidi



8 comments:

tiennieknits said...

She's a cutie! Love the hat!

Travis and Marie said...

cutest hat? what about cutest model!? she's so darling!

Adam and Bri said...

the cutest! i way heart the buttons.

Julie said...

So I love love love the hat, but love love love love love the little one sporting it! she is toooo dang cute! ugh! Good job! .....both on the hat and the adorable offspring!

Kara said...

Since I did benefit from this multiple knit, I have no problem with this particular obsession. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Your knitting!! :D Cute hat, and cute kid (sorry, model!)

Can't wait to see the cardi..

(oh, and thanks for the kind words on my blog!)

marit said...

What an adorable kid! The hat's not bad either;-)

Cloudberry said...

Very cute - both of them!!