Friday, February 20, 2009

Will

Happy Birthday Baby Lumpkins!


This is Will.  The funniest kid on the planet.  My little buddy.  He turns 4 today and is officially a big boy.  Really.  4 sounds very big boy to me.  I'm the tiniest bit sad.  I'm not one of those parents who gets sad and weepy each time her kids have a birthday, in fact I am enjoying my kids more and more as they get older.  It's just that this little buddy is going to start kindergarten soon and then he's a REALLY big boy and I'll miss him so much when he goes to school.  


It is a very good thing I believe in hospitals and modern medicine as each of my children were in need of medical assistance at birth.  With Will it was nothing major, just a bit of "scooping" because he was good and stuck.  We're not talking a few extra pushes.  I tried.  I tried for 4 hours!  They had to yank him out with the hideous forceps (all the while my cute 65 year old doctor with full makeup, pearls and high heels is singing, "oh some must push and some must pull"), because he was 8 lbs 14 oz and had a massive head.  That little mark by his eye is from the forceps.  Poor little monkey!  


So, of course, I'm going to list my top 20 things I love about Will...

1) He tries very hard to be a good boy (he isn't always perfect)...


2) He comes running into my room every morning and says, "hi mom, I have to go tinkle".
3) He is just like me and loves to watch movies with blankets and popcorn on the couch.
4) He is one of the silliest kids EVER...




5) He loves sports and gets very excited to go to sporting events or playing sports with anyone...






6) He loves his baby sister soooo much
7) He loves to learn and hated his preschool orientation because "[he] didn't learn anything".
8) He turns himself in for lying all the time because he literally thinks his nose will grow.
9) He sings and dances like nobody's business...






10) He cried when I told him he couldn't be Chinese someday.
11) He LOVES Disney as much as us!


12) He thinks he can speak Spanish and feels sorry for me because I can't.
13) He has a huge heart and has compassion for others (at age 4). 
14) He says things like, "Dad, what would I ever do without you?"
15) He describes dinosaurs as having "stompy feet".
16) He loves dressing up...





17) He has adorable buddies that he loves (and a fiance)...





18) He is the most dramatic child on the planet.
19) He really is a little angel boy (even though sometimes you have to dig deep).
20) He's just so cute...







Happy Birthday Sweet William!  I love you so much!






12 comments:

Steve said...

One of my favorite things about Will is that he loves to do father-and-son stuff (e.g. football games, skiing, putting practice, strip joints). He seems to think things are cool just because I do. That is very flattering - but also puts some pressure on me to be a good example.

Happy Birthday buddy. You really are the best son ever.

And by the way, Heidi, he has a year and a half until he starts kindergarten. Don't get too sentimental just yet.

leandparkermakes3 said...

Will really is one of the sweetest boys I know. I will be proud to call him my son-in-law! Happy Birthday, Will! We all love you! (Especially Ellie :))

Suzi said...

o.k. Steve you really need to say your kidding about the strip joints or DCFS will come and get him. Happy Birthday Will!!!

Kara said...

He is a doll. I just adore that kid. Happy Birthday Will!

marit said...

Happy Birthday, Will! I hope you had a great day:-)

Erin said...

What a funny kid. Who couldn't love the kid that sings the BYU fight song with all of his heart?

Happy Birthday Will!

Julie said...

Oh my heck! He is so totally your TWIN!! I can't believe how much he looks JUST like his MOM!!!!! He is adorable and seems like such a happy little kid! I love that you have done these cute posts for their birthdays! You have the cutest kids EVER!!!!...............and Steve is right...When Kindergarten comes, then you can be weepy!:)

Cloudberry said...

Happy Birthday Will!
Hope you had a wonderful day :)

Travis and Marie said...

Wow! You've got 2 brithdays close together....A few of my favorites that you listed are: he thinks he can speak spanish and feels sorry for you because you can't...I would love to hear that!, he's dramatic ( could that be something he got from you) I'll bet he's hilarious with his speech too....I could listen to you describe stuff all day...you're so funny.

I can't believe you pushed for 4 hours....I think I would have died...30 minutes was my longest pushing with any of my labors and I hated it the most...

heidi larsen said...

he is so cute. i love it when you make your lists of 20 things. i need to do that on my blog. if you don't mind imitation. ;)

Rod Linton said...

It's about time that you had some pressure put on you to be a good example. Thank you William for putting your Dad on the spot. Way to go. BTW William is now in his fifth year. Before you know it he will be in high school and giving you a run for your money. Time flies with kids.
HAPPY BDAY again Will
Love, Grandma L.

Coulio said...

Adorable! Pictures and list were so fantastic! I love the speaking Spanish and Chinese thing. I'm really not sad I'll never be Chinese.