Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Lizzard

 Happy Birthday my sweet Lizzy!



Lizzy is two years old today.  We had a discussion last night and she has decided that she's ready to be a big girl ;).  This is a big deal because she's ALL about being the baby.  It's her identity.  She informs us almost daily that she's Lizzy and she's the baby.  

Every time I think about Lizzy's actual birth I feel very grateful that she is here and that she is healthy (well, she's healthy in the summer).  Lizzy wasn't very healthy when she was born.  They don't know exactly what was wrong with her but she couldn't breath very well.  She didn't have an infection and she wasn't premature but her little lungs just wouldn't work right.



I don't usually get into spiritual matters on this blog because they are personal to me and I don't want to sound fanatical or preachy (which can be the case when words are taken out of context).  However, in this case I will break my own rule.  Lizzy was simply not getting better.  I kept expecting the doctors or nurses to come in and tell me she was improving and they kept coming in and telling me otherwise.  I asked Steve and his brother to go in and give her a priesthood blessing. She continued to struggle through the night but improved dramatically by the next morning.  I have zero doubt that things were helped along by that blessing.  She was able to have some of the IV's removed and the oxygen box went soon after.  THEN she stopped turning blue when we held her!  What a happy day that was!  Poor little bug.  

Since it would be absolutely mental for me to list my top 2 things I love about Lizzy, I shall list my top 20.  

1) She is a complete savage (in other words, she's into everything ALL the time ALL day).







2) She has the cutest little munchkin voice on the planet which she uses to state her two fave
phrases; "I love it cookies/milk/apples..." or "Mon waloo pease" (more water please).
3) She says "I love you Mamma" out of the blue.
4) She calls Will "Buddy" because she couldn't say "Will" when she was younger.  It stuck.

5) She LOVES animals.






6) She says things like "I ti-wed" (I'm tired) and it's the cutest thing on earth.
7) She dances her little heart out whenever she can.
8) She has the cutest smile (well, it's gone a bit funky now ;).


9) She loves reading books.
10) She calls chicken nuggets "burgers" because Will likes to eat cheese burgers if we go out
and even though she doesn't like cheese burgers, she wants to be like Will so she pretends.
11) She crawls on the bottom of the swimming pool with her head sticking out and says "lee 
lone, I simming (leave me alone, I'm swimming).

12) She can't handle being without Buddy for more than 10 minutes, so if she wakes up before
him, she will open his door, climb up on his bed and say "waking, waking".
13) She sings "I Can Go The Distance" from Hercules and it's the cutest thing I've ever heard.
14) She is so sassy she doesn't know what to do with herself.  I don't love this now but I know
it will serve her well when she's older.  No one is pushing that girl around!


15) She's just so pretty ;).






16) She runs exactly like a muppet.
17) She jumps exactly like a muppet.
18) Life is so much more fun with her in it!
19) She is my sweetest little angel.
20) She makes us laugh every single day with her perfect naughtiness!  




I LOVE YOU ELIZABETH JANE!




14 comments:

Cloudberry said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy!
May it be filled with lots of cake, presents and good friends :)

marit said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Lizzy! That cute face of yours makes me smile every time I see it;-) Hope you had a great day!

cindave said...

Ahhhh. We love you too, Lizzy! Happy birthday!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday adorable Lizzy! Loved your list Heidi--made me appreciate just how cute your kids really are.

Steve said...

Every time I see the pictures of her in the hospital, it takes me back to how scared and inadequate I felt. It ended up not being a huge deal or a long-lasting thing, but I sure was worried. I am so glad that she was able to come home after only an extra day in the hospital, and that she has been very healthy since (with the exception of a inconvenient trip or two to the doctor's office (e.g. Orlando InstaCare)).

I can't imagine life without her crazy burst of energy and happiness. Everybody talks about how beautiful she is. Her jumping has got to be one of the funniest things any kid has ever done. Then there's her singing and her attempts to scare people with her fearsome roar. Except for the ear-piercing screams declared like she has juvenile tourrete's, most of the stuff she does is utterly cute and girly.

I love you Lizzy. Happy birthday.

Kara said...

Happy Birthday to the most darling savage I know!

Suzi said...

Happy Happy Birthday Lizzy dear! I love her impromptu kisses. When she is sitting on your lap and just decides to look up and kiss your cheek. Precious.

leandparkermakes3 said...

Happy Birthday, Lizzy from your other "Mommy!" Luke, Ellie and Parker have a present for you! We will bring it over later! Love you!

Adam and Bri said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy — you adorable thing you.

Nicki said...

I had no idea that Lizzy had such a rough start to her life! So glad she made it through, she is a cutie and such a delight! Happy Birthday!

Julie said...

Oh my heck! She is so cute! What an amazing story! What would we do without priesthood blessings? Every one of her pics is so stinkin adorable! What a doll!

Julie said...

Can I also just say, that I think it is so cute that your hubby always comments on your blog posts! So cute!

tiennieknits said...

OMGoodness! The cuteness. She is absolutely adorable and I'm so happy for you and Steve that she is here with you to enjoy a wonderful birthday!

Travis and Marie said...

I read this a few days ago and thought I made a comment....but alas I did not. I suck. Anyway, happy belated birthday to the Lizzy girl....she is beautiful and I am glad you have her.