Friday, December 19, 2008

I've Become a Noblog

I have no idea what's wrong with me lately.  I CANNOT summon the desire to blog.  We've done Christmassy things.  We've had parties.  We've decorated.  I've knitted.  I don't really care to write about it.  I'm taking laziness to a new level. I've been knitting quite a bit but as said knitted items are gifts, I can't very well bandy them about on my blog for the recipients to see, can I. 

 So, with a terrible lack of blogging creativity, I took a picture of my Christmas tree.  The one I claimed was so pretty.  Well, pictures of lit Christmas trees are crap.  As you see...



It really is great.  I swear.  It's 12 feet tall and has about 12 million lights and wonderful purple, gold, red and green ornaments all over it.  But this is the best I could give you, so there it is.

On my birthday we had some family pictures taken.  Always an adventure.  Steve's cousin is a photographer and does a bang up job with these photos.  She's the one who took the pics of the kids on my sidebar.  She is not a parent at the present time and is still under the impression that all children are hilarious.  She never gets impatient with them and they respond very well to her.  Therefore, she has excellent results.












The above is one of my faves and looks like a J Crew catalog page to me (you look hot, babe).

This one (forgive me, Steve) was just too hilarious not to display.  This is Lizzy in full rotten mode.  Steve was caught unawares and thus looks a wee bit mental ;). 

In my previous post I told you about my hideous pain issues.  Well, my poor little 3 year old is concerned.  Far too concerned for a little boy.  I suited him up yesterday to play in the snow with his friend.  He couldn't be bothered to wait inside so I sent him out to wait on the front steps.  When I opened the door to check on him and this is what I found him doing...


Poor little man!  What 3 year old feels the need to shovel the walks?  He has no clue how to shovel!  Look at his little hat.  He was just chucking snow everywhere.  It was v v cute.  

Okay.  That's it.  That's what I came up with because I was boring MYSELF with my blog.  I hope it's mildly interesting to some.  





20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures!!! And thank you for giving me a word to describe myself. I'm feeling very much like a noblog myself these days.. I thought it was just me.. Now we're two, and it feels so much better!! He he..

And, I've got the flu (on top of the finger situation, which wasn't and isn't all that fun either). So I'm thinking of being a lazy noblog for a bit longer.. ;)

Have fun with the kids (and the hot husband) instead!! That's what I would do.. ;)

Steve said...

Bea just became my favorite person - besides you Heidi of course.

Fitting though that you had to make me look mental in the photo following the one you liked. You give and you take away.

Isn't it nice, though, to have a kid that cares enough about you to notice when you are in pain or when you just need some love? I felt that way the other day when you guys came to visit at the office and I was having an uber-long/lame day, and Will just said that he wanted to come visit because you guys missed me and because he loves me. That's as good as it gets.

BTW, I am not a slacker. The snow fell after I left for work and would have been cleared when I got home. I promise.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Steve!! I like you too ;)

(and of course your not a slacker..)

cindave said...

it looks like will was throwing snow everywhere, including his head! so cute and very sweet and thoughtful! those family pictures are SO CUTE. was that christy you were talking about? we haven't had pictures taken, well, ever really. we really should. and your tree is stunning, even with the inability to capture it on film. i for one am glad that you pulled yourself out of your blogging funk and got some new material on there! thanks! also, see my blog in a little while to see the promised pics of your lovely hat, of which i have worn more so far than any other hat in my entire life. no joke. thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I'm Norwegian and my ability to write English whilst having the flu is rather bad.. ;) Sorry!

HeidiBean said...

Bea, is that your excuse for not blogging? The finger and the flu I understand. I also understand being a noblog. But your English is amazing. Almost as good as my Norwegian ;). What are you on about?

Adam and Bri said...

Gosh, that picture of Will is cute.

And your tree looks stunning!

jenjamin said...

Yes. Interesting to me. You have a beautiful family. Very cute! Love the tree.

heidi larsen said...

your tree does look beautiful in the picture! i know what you mean about things not looking as good on film.

i love your family pictures! adorable! and will sounds like a sweetheart. worried about you so he shovels the snow. too precious.

what did you mean that you are pretty sure we were just in laurels together? you lost me.

heidi larsen said...

thanks for the clarification! i am a little slow sometimes. it does seem like yesterday that we were in laurels! you are totally right.

Cloudberry said...

What a pretty tree!
I wish for so many little lights on ours too...
And the pictures is beautiful.

Have a great weekend :)

erica said...

steve gave me your blog address so i can still keep tabs on you guys without being at the office. i just got caught up on all the posts that i missed. the kids are getting so big. hope you guys have a merry christmas!!thanks again for the darling mittens and hand warmers, i am loving them in this bitter cold weather.

Travis and Marie said...

I tend to think all of your blog posts are super great to read. Very entertaining. How cute is Will shoveling snow on his head? How thoughtful. I am sorry you are having so much pain. I wish I could help in some wee manner...but alas there really is nothing I can do from here...or even if I was there. I think your Christmas tree is gorgeous...so tall so pretty...I love the color on your wall behind it too....very nice.

Kara said...

The family pics are so cute! I think you guys are a very handsome family.

And I love that child labor is alive and well at your house. ;) It was so cute that he was such a good little helper.

marit said...

Noblog! Yes, that's me;-)

Love the photos- you all look great!

Erin said...

Um, this is like 5 blogs in one. GORgeous tree Heidi. Maybe I can see it in person? Perhaps?

Rod Linton said...

I have seen your tree in real life Heidi and you are right the picture doesn't do it justice and I speak with some authority as an expert in treedecdum. It is really gorgeous and is so dang big that just the size might be too much for many, probably including me! Also the pics from Kristy Linton are adorable again, but maybe she just had good subject matter---ya think?
The Deedster

Nicki said...

Heidi, don't you dare get the blogging blues! I need this blog!

BTW, I love your christmas tree. It's awesomely huge and I wish I could get a picture of my tree with the lights on. I love a million WHITE christmas lights on trees!

Merry Christmas!

Hilary said...

Cute pictures. I think you're tree look really big. I guess a big girl would need a big tree though.

Also, I think my whole life is a noblog. That could be the reason that nobody comments....it's all coming together now....

Sepiru Chris said...

Hey Noblog,

Everyone needs some downtime, and this post is entertaining. Do not think otherwise or more Cambodian dining suggestions will be posted...

I am so with you on the tree/picture phenomena.

Potentially this tree/picture phenomena is sort of like Heisenberg's theorem. You remember it, I am sure, from university chemistry; Heisenberg noted that you could determine how fast an electron traveled or where it was, but never both.

Possibly you can have a nice tree, or a tree that photographs well, never both. The Heisenberg Tannenbaum phenomena perhaps.

I am not saying your tree looks bad, just that I can believe that it looks better than what the camera can capture.

It is well known amongst Santa's photographic corps that the magic of Christmas is better in its analog format than in pixels.

I am, however, still puzzling over (and frankly, disturbed) why the camera would ever be stored in the diaper bag if you ever plan to use it (the camera) again...

This must be a variant meaning of the diaper bag to the one that I have... As the full import of this mental image is starting to sink in, I too am seeking e-knitting needles as someone else has been known to do...

(Aside: You have no idea how many people have laughed themselves senseless over your comment re Cambodian cuisine... but you ought to. Heaps. Heaps of Heaps. And scads of those too.)

Merry (belated) Christmas and a (belated again) Happy (Western) New Year.

Tschuess, Chris