Monday, December 8, 2008

32 Reasons I Like Being Me.

I just had my 32nd Birthday on the 6th and was not going to do a Birthday post but decided that I've been on a bit of a whinge so I needed to list the reasons it's great to be me.  



First off, I'd like to announce the winner of the "drawing" which didn't end up being a drawing because only one person said what they were thankful for... Julie.  Ta da!  She wins!  However, since she is a Noknit I will have to invent a prize for her as yarn would be a stupid gift for a non knitter.  Watch out Julie, a really cool prize is coming your way!  

Now.  I have become the most hideous whiner of late because of a long standing back injury that has decided (after two pregnancies) to rear its ugly head.  Its REALLY ugly head.  However, this gives me NO reason to be a chronic complainer and become the bane of my family's life ;).  SO, I've decided to list 32 fantastic things to remind myself that the good outweighs the bad in my life!  Honestly, just look at the above picture.  How could I not laugh hysterically every time I see that?  I have two hilariously rotten children for whom I don't even have to buy Christmas prezzies due to their level of naughtiness and hatred for Santa.  Kidding!  Will actually did like Santa, I just think he didn't know how to react to Lizzy's Christmas induced fit.  

Here goes...
32 Reasons it's great to be Heidi

1) I've got the best husband in the world
2) I've got the funniest/cutest little boy in the world
3) I've got the silliest/cutest little girl in the world
4) We have amazing families (Steve and I)
5) We live around great people
6) I can knit!  
7) I have a home (and I really like it!)
8) We have two really cute and really bad dogs
9) We have great friends
10) I get to read all the books I want
11) I live in a pretty great country
12) I live in a place that has 4 seasons
13) I get to watch 30 Rock (and it's stinkin' funny)
14) I'm surrounded by amazing people who will pick up the slack when I can't do it anymore
15) My husband is the self proclaimed "Captain Surpriso" which means he likes to surprise people (mainly me) with gifts
16) I have a newly organized pantry!
17) Even though I gained 50 lbs with each pregnancy, I know how to lose weight!  Phew!
18) I can swim.  Like a madwoman.
19) I can do Weight Watchers.  Like a madwoman.
20) I get to watch A LOT of British movies and TV
21) My husband has a job
22) I get to go back to school someday to get my MA.  Whenever I feel like it :)  And study whatever I want!
23) I'm 5'10"
24) Will only wants Emperor Zurg and Buzz Lightyear for Christmas.
25) Lizzy only plays with toys Will plays with!
26) I have husband who likes to cook
27) I have a husband who likes to travel. A lot. Just like me!
28) I have a really pretty Christmas tree. Really pretty ;)
29) I am the proud owner of a yarn winder and swift (as of two days ago)
30) My kids say REALLY funny things
31) My kids smell REALLY good
32) I still like birthdays and don't worry about getting older! Woot Woot!

So there it is. The 32 reasons I need to shut my gob and go to physical therapy!


25 comments:

cindave said...

i don't know that you haven't earned a little complaining right, but i do applaud your positivity. that picture is HILARIOUS. and after reading that list i wish i were you! just kidding. there are some good things about being me, too. :)

cindave said...

oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! duh! i was going to call you and kept getting distracted by other things. sorry! i do wish you a very happy birthday though, and we'll see you on sunday.

CelticCastOn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Steve said...

Heidi - you are my greatest and my best. I love you so much and wish there were something I could do to take away your back pain. Until then, I will just hang out with you and laugh our butts off at our wonderful-rotten kids and at the fact that Nugent's cup was left on the front porch for the neighbor kids to see (sorry inside joke).

Love you mucho

Steve

Kara said...

Well, that is a pretty fab list. You are pretty darn lucky. Oh, you forgot to add a item, "has friend who can help husband find the perfect wool winder and swift."

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!! And I can't believe I didn't leave a comment on the thankfulness post.. was an accident, I'm sure..

Good thing to be thankful. I remind myself every day!! (have you heard of gratitude rocks?)

Travis and Marie said...

First of all happy birthday. Second of all...what a FANTASTIC picture! I think I may put it as my desktop picture...I love it. I didn't know you did WW after each pregnancy...I started doing it after #3 and then again now...I love it! And is your injury that spondolosis thing...I remember we had similar back problems in London - I have since found out that mine is not spondolosis but spondolothesis or something like that....it definitely sucks during pregnancy and just in general. I love this post...I am glad you have a pretty christmas tree...I love you!

marit said...

Happy belated birthday!!! That photo of your kids with Santa is just hilarious!!! Give them a hug from me, and tell them to go looking for gnomes in the barn...we have gnomes in our barn, they leave a present for the kids every Christmas...;-)
Oh, and congratulations to Julie for winning- I completely forgot to add what I was thankful about, and then thought it would be silly to go back and add another comment-LOL!

Nicki said...

Happy Birthday, Heidi! I meant to post what I was grateful, but I forgot and then Thanksgiving made me too busy to remember. Oh well! I was thinking that I'm grateful for this blog because you make me laugh. All your funny expressions I can hear your voice in my head as I read them!

Why didn't Captain Surpriso surprise you with a trip to Cali to see us?

Steve said...

All in good time, Nicki. All in good time.

tiennieknits said...

Happy belated birthday! What a great list of things that make you you!

Amanda Parry said...

Sorry I am such a crap friend and did not call you on your birthday. I hope you had a fun day. And yes, it's great being 32. It's actually much better than being 22. Let's go to lunch sometime soon!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday (late)!!! I sure love you Heidi!

And I love how Kara is taking credit for helping Steve. Typical.

Julie said...

WAHOO!!! I won something! I have never been so damn excited! And no I wont do well with yarn! But I want you to make something!!

Cloudberry said...

Great picture!
And Happy Birtday a few days late :)
Hope your back is feeling better.

There is an award for you in my blog ;)

Sepiru Chris said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Also, I send a belated "STRONG warning" re spiders of the apocalypse... they are back, but this time man won.

I suspect they will be gone for a while; it will be safe to visit again.

Pretty great list of things to be thankful for.

I hope your back improves soon and that your MA, once chosen, progresses swimmingly amongst various wordplay gifts from your children and offerings from Captain Surpriso.

Cheers,
Chris

PS I did read the previous posting of yours properly, and did note that only one person had properly entered the contest... it just did not seem right for a stranger to take an opportunity for a 50/50 chance (then) for something as amazing as a hand-knitted prize.

:)

Cloudia said...

Aloha! Saw your comment at Cuneiform scratchings and sort of "followed you home" to check out your blog. Sepiru Chris puts out a unique & interesting blog, doesn't he?
I loved your 30+ reasons; they make me smile - even though I don't get the same 4 seasons here in Waikiki.
Thanks for sharing! You know, Reiki might really help that back. . . .Come look at tropical pics at my blog anytime! Happy Holidays 2 U ;->

heidi larsen said...

lucky julie! i didn't realize that i failed to mention what i am thankful for. woops! :) that picture of your kids is priceless. i hope that your back gets better soon. and i am really glad that your Christmas tree is pretty.

Stacey said...

Happy belated Birthday!!

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy belated birthday. Mine is Dec. 26th. We December babies have to stick together. It kinda stretches Xmas out for another day. (How's that for being positive! It's hard some days.)

Coulio said...

I love your 32 reasons! I am also BLOWN AWAY at all your knits!!! I had no idea. That pink, lacy hat on Lizzy is awesome. You are a true talent. I had no idea I was learning from the Kween (that's how you spell Queen for knitters...I just decided).

Travis Erwin said...

The 6th was my brothers birthday as well.

jenjamin said...

That is a super cute list. Thanks for sharing all those fun things. I didn't know you were 5'10 too... well if I stand up straight I am a hair away from 5'10 3/4 :)

jenjamin said...

oh... and happy very belated birthday :)

Rod Linton said...

Good grief Heidi you must have more blog readers than a rabbit has babies. We're glad that you like to be you with 32 reasons. Especially when it comes to anything to do with Steve, Will and Lizzy. :)
) BTW hope you do some partying (the good kind) so you can use your unbelievably cute BD present from us!
DD