Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Without Family...




Without Family, a lot would be missing from my life.  Steve and I both have all of our family living close by and it's a blast.  We can count on them for everything.  We spent the week with my family up in Wolf Creek in Eden, Utah.  It was great.  The kids loved it and though it exhausted us completely, I'm so glad we have these opportunities to spend with our families.  I know they are the memories our kids will keep forever.  This post is just a little ditty about things I would never have realized or been able to enjoy without my family.


Without family, we wouldn't be able to do fun things like spending the week up in Eden, Utah.  It's amazingly beautiful and the kids had a riot.  We spent some time in Ogden, eating at some delicious restaurants, going to a wonderful yarn store, and visiting the Dinosaur Museum.  I also discovered a use for all of my sock yarn...baby mittens!  Hoorah!  Pictures coming soon. 

Without family,  I wouldn't have seen the joy this painted horse could bring to two little kids.



Without family, we wouldn't have Logan to tell us things like "I think this car is broken" and then point to the part of the car he "thought" might be broken.  The car is at the Ogden Dinosaur Museum and I think it's meant to look like a dinosaur ate part of it.  I almost tinkled my pants for laughing over his observation! 





Without family, I wouldn't have this little boy to take a picture of.  This naughty little boy who turned into a raptor about 30 minutes later when I told him it was time to go home.  He threw a cliche of a fit wherein he kicked the car, called me an "idiot" and "stupid" and laid himself out on the ground.  Oh, how I wish I'd had the Tobasco sauce!  Luckily my Mom was in the parking lot so I told her to keep an eye on him while I "left" him there.  That calmed things down rather quickly and he called me on my Mom's cell and asked me to come back and get him.  This of course, broke my heart but honestly, what the heck was I supposed to do with that?  Worst fit of his life, bar none.  It is, of course, extremely funny now and fits aside, I love this little man with more than my whole heart.




Without family, Steve and I would just sit around on Sundays instead of inventing "fun" activities for our kids like making chocolate dipped pretzels.  Well, they thought it was fun and I guess that's all that counts ;)




Without family, we wouldn't have people to go to Gardner Village with to see the Witches and sit on crazy wagon rides with women dressed up to entertain our kids...  



and be able to stand in line with chubby nephews who make crazy faces...

and have cute husbands who try to kiss cute daughters...


and have cute daughters who try to scare everyone in line (how cute is she?)...


Without family, we wouldn't know how much fun it is to have a picture taken in front of a giant wooden pumpkin with haystacks to sit on.  Or have cute little nieces who help with the younger kids and always has a smile to share (thanks, Morgan).


Without family, I believe life would bore me to sobs!  Thanks family, you're the best!





16 comments:

Steve said...

Ditto to all that.

And without family, I would not have such a wonderful wife that cares so much about us all and does so much to make our lives great.

cindave said...

very cute pictures, and very creative post. way to go! and way to put a positive spin on the tantrum of Will's life! doesn't he know there are no crying tantrums?? :)

Cloudberry said...

What a beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family!

Nicki said...

I love this post, Heidelweiss! I couldn't agree with you more about how much better our lives are with family! (Even through the occasional temper tantrum... that was awesome, I wish I could drive away from my kids!) In fact, I've come to discover that it's not too bad living so close to Cory's family. I find myself asking more than him to go visit them or do things with them! Go figure!

heidi larsen said...

what a wonderful post! i loved reading it!

jenjamin said...

oh ... that is so great. I am jealous, I wish we were close to our family. I miss them!

marit said...

Just beautiful!

tiennieknits said...

The older we get, the more my siblings and I appreciate each other! One of my sisters works with us so I get to see her a lot. I love my family more than anything else and am happy that Matt and I have our 4 kids!

Rod Linton said...

Good job Heidi. You will be so glad you did this.
Mom Linton

Adam and Bri said...

This post is adorable. I loved every word.

Travis and Marie said...

what a sweet post! I love it. Amazing how they (kiddos)can just come into your heart from the moment you meet them and they make a little home there....I totally understand the tantrum thing too....funny how they can flip their moods so quickly.

Tay and Teigan said...

Heidi I am so glad you said hi! Your blog is adorable. Now we can keep in touch from across the country!

Unknown said...

you're the cutest

Anonymous said...

I could send a little snow your way, you know.. But it would probably melt pretty fast ;)

Beautiful post about your family! Those kids are amazing :)

mary Bendixen said...

That was great Heidi! You're incredible. Well Done!
This is even more proof that Families are Forever. We are so lucky to have our family live in the same area. So we can have "laughing fests", and travel together, and knit together and eat together.......Merth