Tuesday, August 3, 2010

First Day of School, First Day of School!

How cute is he? Very, is the answer you're looking for. Will was SO excited to start kindy. He could hardly sleep the night before his first day. *I* could hardly sleep the night before. I was very sad for him to start (he's a big boy now, right?) but I didn't cry.

We got up early, popped him in the shower, had some breakfast and then waited and waited and waited until we could walk to the bus stop. The thing he loves most about kindergarten is the bus. He thinks it goes really fast and the fact that you "don't have to wear seat belts" is amazing to him.

Here's my little guy all ready for school. He thinks his back pack is the bee's knees ;).


He asked me to take a picture of his back pack.



This is Lizzy's idea of a cute pose. Will wanted a picture of them hugging and Lizzy flipped out and yelled, "NO, I do it like this!" and struck this pose. Honestly.


Another of her sassiness.



Waiting on the curb for the bus.



Will and me.



Will and Steve.



Will and the bus stop gang.



I had to sneak into the school and snap a few shots...



Here's the little guy walking out after his first day of school!



Will and a few of his classmates walking toward their moms. The parking lot is under construction so that's nice, isn't it ;).


The day went really well and I'm so proud of my little man. He's such a big boy now and after his first week he still LOVES kindergarten (except at the end when he has to sing, he says).

Peace out,

Heidi

7 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

no way is he at the old! crazy town.

what a cutie.

marit said...

Great photos! The scary thing is that they grow up so fast...it feels like yesterday when my oldest started taking the bus, and now he's 18 and allowed to drive!

Erin said...

That backpack is HUGE! So adorable and so proud of Will for his big boy-ness.

Cloudberry said...

He's such a handsome boy!
One thing is sending your eldest off to school, another thing is when you have to send the youngest... Endre will start schhool next fall and drive the bus with his siblings - and I'm so not ready for that! Just hoping this year we have left will go slow...

Steve said...

My man Will is a stud. He has been such a big kid this week, and I love that he thinks school is so cool. Let's hope that attitude continues.

Rani said...

Congrats on the big day!

And ya gotta love a little gal with a good dose of sassafras. I live with one, too.

DEBBIE said...

YOUR LITTLE ONES... ARE SO CUTE!
LOVE THE PHOTO OF YOUR LITTLE GIRL POSING! IT MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD... A LOT!
NOW YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DO LOTS OF MUMMY AND DAUGHTER ACTIVITIES!
LOVE,

DEBBIE MOSS