Monday, July 13, 2009

Just a Hat

I've been knitting quite a bit lately but have been jumping from project to project like a madwoman (because of my knitting ADHD). However, a good friend of mine just had a baby and I wanted to make something for her wee head so I decided to go back to a tried and true fave, the cotton baby hat from LMKG. Love them. I decided to do this one without the eyelet round and opted for this adorable flower. I'm in love with the result :).


That's it. Just a hat. I still have my sexy cardi to showcase but haven't bothered to take pictures yet. Must remember to do that someday.

Pattern: Cotton Baby Hats from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Suss Cotton
Needles: US #7
Mods: Skipped the eyelet round and added a flower (best part).
Made for: Baby Surrey

Peace out,

Heidi

15 comments:

Steve said...

I thought maybe you had quit the blog because of the poor response to your last post.

Heidelweiss said...

I'm not holding my breath.

Cloudberry said...

That's a cute baby hat! Love the flower.
I haven't posted on my blog in days because I'm jumping from one project to another too...
Hopefully I will have a jacket for Endre done this week ;)

CelticCastOn said...

Cuuuuuute! Great colour combo!
Excuse me missy u quite your blog??????

Travis and Marie said...

you're cute...love the hat!

Kara said...

I love the addition of the flower. Very adorable.

cindave said...

that is SO CUTE!!!

Julie said...

THAT IS SOOO CUTE! Have you ever thought about selling them on Etsy? I just bought a few knitted caps and booties....they were pricy but sooo cute! You could make a lot of money!!! Wanna make me one like this one and I'll pay ya??????????????????????????????????????????????? Do you do that? Or do you just love to knit for fun, not profit?

tiennieknits said...

It's very cute!

Diane said...

Now that is the hat that I want to make...do Erin and Kara have that pattern/book? COULD I make that hat?

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Lucky baby!! :D Looks fab!

I've been a super lazy blogger this summer. At least I'm not the only one.. hehe

Alison said...

Very sweet hat! All babies should have such a sweet hat...

Unknown said...

I have finally had time to peruse your blog. Of course, I LOVE the hat. In fact, I bought an outfit just to go with it. Can't wait to put it on Surrey. Fun to see you put it on your blog. You're amazing. And, I am so glad that the swim lessons have been put to good use. So worth it. Lizzy and Will will be throwing water polo balls around in no time...

Unknown said...

Oh and Bea is right. Surrey is a lucky baby. We-Surrey and I-are both lucky to have such a fancy friend. Truly, you are the fanciest person I know.