Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Happy Day

It's a grand day when this...

gives you this...


I finally got it.  My Mother of the Year medal.  Okay, it's Will's Little Gym graduation medal but he gave it to me tonight and said, "mom, this is for you for being a good mom."  How cute is that?  

I spend most days hoping my kids don't menendez me in my sleep (see Menendez brothers).  I'm a yeller and I wasn't blessed with large quantities of patience.  I feel guilty at the end of most days.  I always feel like I could have done just a little more for those two little doodle bugs.  Raising humans is TOUGH!  It's just really good to know that at least one of them feels that I deserved a medal today.  Lizzy may still menendez me.  We'll see ;).  

I actually AM knitting.  I swear.  I've been so nuts lately with physical therapy and other craziness that I haven't finished much and have also become a bit of a Noblog.  I know, ME?!  I've gotten excited over some patterns which is saying something because about a week ago I thought I'd caught some sort of knitting related illness that made me not want to knit.  I think I've got my knit on again.  

Peace out,

The Mother of the Year

15 comments:

Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steve said...

I am still wondering where my medal is.

Actually if a medal is to be given, you certainly are the one that deserves it. That was very very sweet of him. Thanks for taking such good care of us.

leandparkermakes3 said...

Cute Will! You really are a great mom! Thank goodness they give us moments like that every once and a while to make our jobs seem worth it!

Kara said...

Oh geez. He sure upped the cuteness level this time.

Cloudberry said...

So cute Will is and you deserve the medale!
I'm a yeller too, and I feel SO bad some days :(

Can't wait to see what you have on tour needles :)

cindave said...

good to know that other people feel guilt too. i hear ya. it IS hard raising humans!!! nice work. you deserve that medal!

Rod Linton said...

Just make sure you make no more mistakes in your mothering Heidi. If you feel guilty now wait until Sunday dinner 20 years from now and they tell you of all the times you messed up and seem to have perfect recall of everything you ever said or did.
A word to the wise.

Erin said...

Congrats on your medal Heidi. You deserve it.

Travis and Marie said...

You deserve a medal....if it makes you feel better I feel guilty at the end of every day too...I suck at the mom thing....very cute little Will!

Adam and Bri said...

oh how i loved this post. it made me giggle.

and you SO deserve mom of the year.

Rod Linton said...

Steve you do deserve a medal. Only a true saint takes a 3 year old to basketball games, football games and teaches him how to ski.

St. Diana

Steve said...

I was only kidding Mom - but thanks.

tiennieknits said...

How sweet of him! So cute.

Julie said...

Ah crap! I thought I was the mother of the year! Man!!! I guess I can share my title with you!!! Really, that is so stinkin cute! What a sweet little guy he is!
Congrats on your award!!

Anonymous said...

You so deserve a medal, but I'm just wondering where my medal is?!?