Sunday, September 7, 2008

Um. Some updates, I guess

Yes, I know I've become tiresome with these stinkin' fingerless mitts!



So I understand that I have a problem with fingerless gloves.  Really uninteresting fingerless gloves.  These are especially uninteresting and quite sloppy.  I just wanted to try out this yarn on something simple.  I DO NOT love this yarn.  It's a single ply and snags on everything.
Pattern: Wrist warmers from LMKG
Yarn: Nashua Creative Focus worsted (it's got alpaca but you wouldn't know it-it feels like steel wool)
Made for:Some unfortunate person I gift them to ;)
Mods:  none


  I must defend myself, however, by saying that fingerless mitts are useful AND a really quick knit whilst slogging away at things like the clapotis.  Also, I'm working on some socks that are wicked cute.  Very basic pattern but the yarn is great.  I'm using the Yarn Harlot's sock recipe (is this woman a genius or what?)



Here it is.  I've put it down for a bit because it is boring me to SOBS but I'm really loving the way this yarn looks.  Ingenious pattern.  I tried to pick it up today but I've lost my place and I'm too lazy to figure it out right now. 


As you all know, football season has started.  Even after my "camp" I still hate it.  Steve and Will love it.  It's very exciting for them to go to the games.  Here's a pic I took as they were leaving for the first game of the season.  Go Cougars :|



Will had just woken up from his nap and wasn't so excited at this particular moment.  

While Steve and Will are away, Lizzy will play...


Actually this was done while I was gone somewhere.  She loves to "coloo" and not on paper!  I finally got her an Aquadoodle so she can't damage anything else.  Have I mentioned that she is a monster baby? 

Other than half-knits, I have nothing exciting to write about. This will change in my next post as I will be going to Denver with one of my best girls to visit one of my best girls! I'm vv excited about this trip. No kids and I'm thinking it will be a knitting frenzy!


8 comments:

marit said...

Lizzy is an adorable monsterkid!
Cute guys too...
Have a great trip to Denver:-)

Erin said...

YAY! We are going to have the best time ever. I already have some fun plans. Can't wait...

cindave said...

i'm sure your denver trip will be WAY better than the NY one. have fun! i'm jealous of your no kids girl friend trip!

Nicki said...

I'll take her! Although, her and Grant would be a very dangerous combo with those markers! Yikes!

Kara said...

Denver of BUST! So excited...

Chris said...

Would you knit me some manacles? I could use them on a couple of kids in my class! Or if not, nose blockers to keep fingers out! You are so talented with the needles!

Cloudberry said...

I think she is adorable though ;)
And fingerless mitts are not boring - I plan on knitting some too ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you sure? She doesn't LOOK like a monster baby?! *lol*

Stone cabins are scary(or at least this one was), didn't help when we read about the ghost in the guest book..
And the outdoor toilet? It didn't have any walls(just a tiny roof that's all)!! (did I mention the heavy rain and the fog, and my dirty pants? *lol*)
But it was a good hike, and I did love it!

And yes, you should come to Norway some time, and bring the monster baby as well, I think me and her could be very good friends.. ;)