Thursday, March 24, 2011

I am stupid


Cold Water Insanity


Jake Green, Josh Green, Me, Goody Tyler


I did this two weeks ago. I jumped in a lake. In Utah. In the winter. I've hesitated posting it because it annoys me. I didn't realize how much I scream when I'm cold. In order to acclimate myself to cold water this year, I've resorted to jumping into lakes during the winter. Okay, one lake so far but I plan on continuing so that by summer, the water feels nice and toasty. My hope is that my body will get more used to this as the weeks go by and that I'll be able to stay in progressively longer (i.e., not 5 seconds).

The others swimming on this day swam distances of 200 yards to a quarter mile. Craziness. They're all MUCH stronger swimmers than me so they don't have quite the same fear of cramping up and drowning in frigid temperatures.

For the record, the water was 49 degrees and for those of you who aren't familiar with water temperature, that feels A LOT colder that 49 degree air temp. Oh. My. Gosh.




Peace out,

Heidi

13 comments:

Kara said...

That video is eps. Short for Epic.

Steve said...

you're my stud!!

Steve said...

but why the goggles on the head?

Heidelweiss said...

I was so nervous that I forgot to put them on my eyeballs.

CelticCastOn said...

RIDONKULOUS! Love the go mum go chants.

Gords said...

Not stupid, the correct word would be awesome!

Rani said...

You have taken insanity to new heights. It's something we call a Polar Bear Plunge here in MN. We cut a hole in the ice and dare each other to jump in. But usually there is a lot of beer and slurred speech involved.

You kick arse!

Erin said...

You are bonkers. But I mean that with the most respect possible. Awesome.

Nicki said...

What is wrong with you? Really?

jenjamin said...

Cute! Funny! but you are crazy! haha XO

Shannon said...

Knowing what I spend on yarn I'm not about to criticize anyone else for their own brand of crazy. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so brave! I've only done that once and not intending to do it again. It was freaking cold.

Julie said...

Stinkin HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!