Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Some Hats... As Usual

I like to knit hats. It's a thing. I like to give hats because they're quick and most people will wear them. I had three I needed to make recently and I will regale you with the tales of those. I won't be wordy, I swear.

First we have Hudson. My cute friend JennyAnne had her fourth baby boy about a month ago and clearly this baby needed a hat for his first Utah winter. I recently discovered "More Last Minute Knitted Gifts" thanks to my friend Emily (HOW did I not know about this book before?!) and quickly whipped him up the adorbs Pointy Elf Hat. WHAT?! Cute.



Isn't he the cutest little elf?


Okay, on we go. I have been going to a chiropractor for awhile now (yes, I know I swore off chiropractors and cursed their names forever but this guys is normal, un weird and actually helping me. Really). He's a friend of Steve's and he and his assistant have been so kind and helpful to me that I decided they both deserved Christmas hats.

Amanda's favorite color is purple and I thought she would look super cute in the Unoriginal Hat by the the Yarn Harlot. She does. And she loves the hat.


Cute, huh?


Now for my crowning glory. I haven't done color work in 2 years. I know, shameful. I nicknamed Dustin (the chiropractor) BcDc (Back Cracker, Doctor of Chiropractic) and Steve told him (to my horror). So, I decided to immortalize his name on a hat. I used the Norwegian Star Earflap Hat by Tiennie (sans Norwegian Star) for the pattern and used a cross stitch letter pattern for the letters. I LOVED this pattern. Well done Tiennie for writing such an easy to follow pattern! Seriously! I must admit to being very proud of myself for accomplishing color work after so long. I know it shouldn't be such a big deal, but it is.


Here's me wearing it. I could never quite get the entire BC/DC in at once.


Here's Dustin (aka BC/DC) wearing it. He claims to like it.




And here's his spine wearing it. I told him it's meant for his head, not for some random spine. He says he'll wear it skiing this weekend.


SO, hats. I think I may have knit 131,000 at this point in my knitting career but I just love them so much. They're so FAST and I have so much less chance of getting ADHD. It's just a win win.

Peace out,

Heidi

6 comments:

cindave said...

cute little elf, indeed!

that purple hat is the same as the one you made me that i also love, is it not?

LOVE the BC/DC! that's hilarious, and i believe he really WILL wear it skiing!

Steve said...

I will make sure he wears it skiing. Good knitting, love.

Anonymous said...

We all love hats.. There's just not enough time to knit them all! ;)

Christmas is soon showing up, and no knitted gifts here yet. I think this will be the no-knitted-gifts-for-Christmas year :D

CelticCastOn said...

BC/DC ahahhahah That's great and even better that Steve told him!Great hats!

Erin said...

Congrats on conquering stranded knitting! I do love all your hats but you know I am still waiting for you to tackle that sweater...

Rani said...

You're crankin' em out. Damn.

That hat looks perfect on your BcDc.

We're in lice land right now at all of our schools so when I saw you wearing the hat and then the dr. I almost yelled through the screen - THOU SHALT NOT SHARE HATS (it's been our mantra to the kids ALL DAY LONG) ergh. and yuck. And now that I'm talking about it, my head is itcing. Ha ha ha. Yours is too, isn't it.

Happy Holidays to you and yours!!