Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pauley Mac

What can I even say about this? Once in a lifetime experience, concert of a lifetime, epic event, legendary, bloody amazing!!! Paul McCartney was in the hizouse last night and I am telling you what, even at 105, the guy can rock! Amazing talent and an amazing entertainer!

My mom has been a Beatles fan since the dawn of time and actually had her bags packed, ready to go to Denver when she was in Junior High. Her horrific parents ;) wouldn't allow it so she had to wait 40 years for her next chance. She cried her fool eyes out when he came out on stage.

I can hardly blame her. This is Paul McCartney we're talking about here. Sir Paul. You know, the "cute one". The guy who has memorabilia in the British Museum. A fourth of the Fab Four. An actual Beatle. I was gobsmacked! I kept thinking, "this is crazy! I'm so lucky to be here!"

He sang so many amazing songs but my faves were probably "Blackbird", "Yesterday", and a ukelele version of "Something". Seriously fabbity fab! "Live and Let Die" was a pyrotechnic paradise and he ended with "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" which was lovely. And fun (especially since we saw several people in Sergeant Pepper regalia).


Steve and I before the concert (Steve is in the midst of canceling his AmEx because he lost it at dinner).


My mom and dad.



Paul.



Paul. Again.


All in all it was a dream come true. Especially for my mom who got to sing (along) with Paul in real life. How much fun is that? I ask you.

I hope everyone gets to have an experience like this with someone you believe is legendary. It makes for some pretty great memories.

By the way, the pictures were taken with my iPhone. I was afraid they would take away my camera. They're not great. Luckily my mom did bring her camera.

Peace out,

Heidi

11 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

oh, for cool. what a great moment!

Hilary said...

My parents went to it too and told us how amazing it was. They had such a fun time. I'm glad your mom had a chance to see him in real life.

Hil

Rani said...

You are a great writer! Full of humor.

I can't believe your husband smiling in that picture with a missing AmEx card. I would have been @#$%ing bricks.

What an awesome night! (the whole sir Paul thingy). Seriously. You'll remember that for always and can tell your great grandkids all about it.

My big concert was Michael Jackson way back. At the time, I wasn't a fan, but my dad made me go. It was jaw dropping wowsy wow. The man had talent.

Travis and Marie said...

it looks hot! how fun though, I love him. I love his music! Too bad you lost your amex....

Steve said...

The AmEx was no biggie. Just called them and a new one will be delivered today. I think i may have dropped it in the trash at dinner or something. Oh well.

The concert was incredible. The more I think about it the more incredible it gets. That old man can jam. Blackbird and Live and Let Die were big highlights for me.

Heidi - thanks for such a great night and for posting this so we can remember it well.

Erin said...

It really sounds amazing. I am so glad you guys got to go and kind of wish I had tried to make it now too.

Nicki said...

I love your descriptive terms and phrases... you made me feel like I should have been there and I have no desire, whatsoever, to see Paul McCartney in concert!

Shannon said...

I'm so glad you had a good time!

Steve said...

Nicki - If you saw him, you'd change your mind. Legendary.

DEBBIE said...

Experiences like these... are pricelless!
I`m sad to say, that I`m yet to go to a proper concert!
By the way you are super cute!
Now I know where you get your lovely looks from... Lol

DEBBIE MOSS

emilymcmaster said...

we must have been sitting RIGHT by you. this was my exact view too. how funny. it would have been so fun to have seen you there! i agree, it was amazing. and i'm now in love with him.